Martin Aspeli wrote:
Why can't it just be

Because the internals won't let you. As I said in my reply, a Session is not quite like a local utility. Trying to pigeonhole it that way isn't easy. It'd need some clever component wizardry to make sessions be created on the fly, and cached per thread when you make this call.

Laurence's call is easy enough to implement. You could do it by registering my Session under the ISession interface as a utility, in fact. I don't see the point, though (and it's ugly).