Shane Hathaway wrote:
> Martin Aspeli wrote:
>> create_request -- should this maybe have some compatibility with WebOb
>> requests?
> I've looked at WebOb, and my impression is that Zope requests and WebOb
> requests serve completely different purposes.  A Zope request is
> essentially an input decoder and information holder.  A WebOb request is
> a whole framework, AFAICT.

As far as I know WebOb provides a request and response implementation on
top of WSGI. I guess that makes it similar to what zope.publisher does.

Using WebOb straight away won't be very easy as the API isn't compatible
with that of Zope's request object. You could adapt one to the other,
but that won't gain you much.

It should be fairly straightforward, I hope, to obtain a WebOb-style
request instead of a Zope-style request in application code.

> That said, I expect zope.pipeline to give people a greater opportunity
> to prove I'm wrong about things like that.

On the longer term I'd like to experiment with a WebOb-based Grok and
this should allow a way in. But that's definitely long-term thinking.