Am Tue, 05 May 2009 15:45:31 +0200 schrieb Martijn Faassen:
[...]
> As I pointed out, it is effectively inaccessible for Plone users anyway,
> as Zope 3 is already installed. You *cannot* mix Zope Toolkit and Zope 3
> libraries just like that and expect anything to work.

I dont expect them to work. I try an test. And if it works, why not? Its
not that painful.

[...]
> I don't believe in this Plone (for *existing Plone releases*) user base
> anyway, so I don't think it's getting smaller.

Oh, I dont believe in much, but I know a good bunch of active developers
and interators using Plone this way.

> If we'd have released a Zope 3.5 that didn't have Python 2.4 support,
> would you have complained that you cannot use Zope 3.5 with an existing
> Plone release?

If I'd have read the dicussion at the right time: yes.

> This is the same as trying to use Zope 3.4 and Zope 3.3  components
> together (though the changes from Zope 3.4 to the Toolkit are *bigger*
> as we move things around). It *might* just work in some cases, but it's
> unlikely it will.

Using Zope 3.4 within Zope 3.3 (like Zope 2.10) works almost fine.

> I will note that Grok 1.0 won't work with the Zope Toolkit either; we're
> sticking with Zope 3.4. Only after 1.0 will we go over to the toolkit.

Well, Grok is not as complex as Plone is. Also it has a smaller user-base.

> It is, but again, it's just wishful thinking that the toolkit libraries
> as they are released today will work in combination with a existing
> release of Plone.

As a whole: No.
Little parts: Yes.

And yes, I wish it would be much simpler to use ZTK-bits in Plone.

regards Jens
--
Jens W. Klein - Klein & Partner KEG - BlueDynamics Alliance