Chris Withers wrote:
> ValueError: Module-relative files may not have absolute paths

Okay, so this is because the check is this little gem:

if path.startswith('/'):
   raise ValueError, 'Module-relative files may not have absolute paths'

Cross platform FAIL :-(

A few questions:

- how can this actually be written in a cross platform way? Absolute
paths start with a drive letter on Windows, no?

- why are absolute paths bad here anyway? The code that causes this
problem was:

     return DocFileSuite(
         optionflags=REPORT_NDIFF|ELLIPSIS,
         *glob(join(dirname(__file__),pardir,'docs','*.txt'))
         )

I have a nagging feeling this has come up before, but still, the above
seems to be viable if maybe not preferred?

- where do I report the cross platform bug? Python core tracker? What
about zope.testing? Where does its tracker live now?

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk