Fred Drake wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 8:53 AM, Martijn Faassen <>
> wrote:
>> So, could you please follow this policy for ZTK packages in SVN?
> I suspect it would help if packages that are part of the ZTK have that
> indicated somewhere convenient, like near where the version number is
> specified in the file.  Possibly with a link to the ZTK
> release policies.
> When making changes, we're often considering the relevant packages in
> isolation or in the context of our own applications, so a pointer to
> additional policies that apply is helpful.

That's a good idea.

The extreme version of this reminder would to mark it in a lot of places
in the package - in every python file and in near the version
and near the dependencies listing and every aspect that could possibly
be affected by ZTK policy. That is unworkable.

I figured a reference to the ZTK policies on the top of the
would be enough to remind people.

I've just committed these changes.

I've also taken the liberty to update the ZTK policy to say that this
should be done. (other steering group members can call me back if they
don't like this policy change :)