I just noticed that zope.site depends on zope.app.publication, both via
configure.zcml and the tests. The dependency isn't currently declared.
On the other hand, zope.app.publication doesn't yet depend on zope.site.

I'd like to get rid of the dependency of zope.site on zope.app.publisher
and I think it would be OK to invert it by moving the relevant ZCML
declarations (two event handler registrations) and the two pieces of test
regarding traversal behaviour to zope.app.publisher, which would thereby
grow a new dependency on zope.site. What do others think?