Hey,

On Fri, Oct 9, 2009 at 2:33 PM, Christian Theune <c...@gocept.com> wrote:
>>   * --shuffle to randomize the order of the tests in a layer (layers
>> are not yet randomized, I didn't look at it yet);
>>   * --shuffle-seed XXX, to initialize the RNG with a specific value,
>> which allows to reproduce a specific randomization of tests (inspired
>> by this thread
>> http://lists.idyll.org/pipermail/testing-in-python/2009-April/001812.html
>> )
>
> Sounds right. It could even be folded into a single option:
>
> --shuffle[=XXX]

I'm not sure how to do that, considering those use cases:

 * the user doesn't want to shuffle its tests and so, doesn't set --shuffle
 * the user want to shuffle its tests, without specifying an order,
and use --shuffle
 * the user want to shuffle its tests in specific order, and use --shuffle=42

If I want this option to have an optional value, I think I must set a
default value to the option. But then, how to make the distinction
between the two first cases? I might miss something I don't know in
option parsing, but I didn't find anything...

>> It's not yet ready-to-commit: it still misses tests (tricky to write)
>> and more documentation.
>
> That's what working branches are for. You do have commit rights, don't you?

I don't (personally) have commit rights, but my boss (sdouche) has.
I'll see with him.

Thanks for your advices!

 Jonathan