* Martijn Faassen <faas...@startifact.com> [2009-11-27 12:32]:
> Are people okay with the proposed semantics?

+1, I think making these disappear into the language as much as possible
is a Good Thing(tm).

> Would people be okay with such an upgrade path? Any better ideas?

Yes, I'm okay with it. I do think we should take care that the
transition period is long enough, so that people have a chance to update
their code. (The deprecation warnings proposed elsewhere should help
there, I think this is a good use case for them.)
Thus, we should not start requiring zope.component 4.0 everywhere
immediately (because it's new, great and shiny ;), but rather use
3.9+future when we want to use the new semantics, and only after I don't
know, 6 months maybe, start switching over completely.

> Most importantly, any volunteers?

I'm interested, but I'm not sure whether I'll have free resources in the
near future. :-/