Leonardo Rochael Almeida wrote:
> I find it rather odd that we're wasting so much time worrying about
> backward incompatibility when we have a perfect mechanism to introduce
> backward incompatible changes in a way that allows both flavours to be
> used by packages in the same application (on a module by module basis
> just like Martijn would like):
>
>  * Use a different package name!

We don't have that option, as we're talking about changing the behavior
of calling IFoo.

The options are:

* changing the signature of calling IFoo in a backwards incompatible
way, with various transition strategies.

* changing the signature of calling IFoo in an almost backwards
compatible way (breaking tuple adaptation)

* adding new methods to IFoo.

Regards,

Martijn