On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 5:14 PM, Lennart Regebro <rege...@gmail.com> wrote:
> True. For me utilities are tools. Like CMFs portal_whatever. But in
> Zope3 even small stupid singleton objects are utilities in some cases,
> and that is confusing for a beginner.

I wonder how many typical Python programmers know the term
"singleton".  Though it's not unusual for there to be exactly one
instance of a class in a process, it's pretty unusual to think about
that as a valuable aspect of a class.  Which for the traditional
definition of singleton, it very much is.

-1 for calling utilities singletons, since that has nothing to do with
their usage.

+1 for calling them utilities, since that has everything to do with
how they're used.

  -Fred