Martijn Faassen wrote:

> * a utility never has a connection. That's because it already got
> instantiated long before the lookup takes place.

Isn't it the other way around: A utility never has a connection to any
adapted object, and that's *why we can* instantiate it long before the
lookup takes place.

I think the difference between these two perspectives may have to do with
why some people in this discussion confuse (as I see it) the concepts of
instance vs. factory registration and adapter vs. utility lookup.