Martin Aspeli wrote:
> We've had good success with

I'm having trouble with this. I'm trying to set up a "narrative_docs"
directory in a package but:

* the documentation on collective.recipe.sphinxbuilder pypi talks about
a bin/sphinxbuilder script. That simply isn't there (the sphinx-build
and sphinx-quickstart commands are). Ah, I see it is named after my
section. The documentation didn't say that.

* I'm supposed to run sphinx-quickstart by hand and "answer a few
questions and choose docs-source as your source folder". I'd like to
tell about my source folder, but instead it asks me for a "root path for
the documentation". I cannot directly control the source path at all,
only whether it is the root path or whether it's in root_path/source.

* I'd prefer it if I ended up with a sphinx quickstart script that got
preconfigured with the choices I made in buildout anyway, or perhaps
even run quickstart itself when necessary (but a manual step here is
okay and perhaps the sanest)
There's also a z3c.recipe.sphinxdoc recipe. This seems to be geared
towards producing sphinx documentation from doctests within a Python
package. I think to encourage narrative documentation I'd like to
separate this documentation from the source tree (though I *would* like
to have the *option* to use doc tests).

* Do I need to answer 'y' or 'no' to the 'Create Makefile' question and
a windows command file?

This is definitely frustrating. :) I want to document something about
this so that people have more guidance and that our ZTK packages have a
similar documentation structure,...