Has anyone given any thought to supporting the new constructs of
unittest2 (http://pypi.python.org/pypi/unittest2) in zope.testing?
Using zope.testing 3.9.3 and a simple test case with unittest2, I made
the following observations:
- A basic test case works fine; a subclass of unittest2.TestCase is
picked up for tests
- The new assertions work.
- The @skip, @skipIf, @skipUnless and @expectedFailure decorators
work. However, there is a deprecation warning: "Use of a TestResult
without an addExpectedFailure method is deprecated". In the output,
zope.testing reports "Ran 2 tests with 0 failures and 0 errors" when
running one skipped and one passing test.
- setUpClass()/tearDownClass() methods are not executed
- Neither are setUpModule()/tearDownModule() methods
Overall, it seems that we'd need to:
- Make zope.testing aware of skipped tests and report these separately.
- Call the class and module level fixture methods. I'm not entirely
sure how these would interact with layers.
Author of `Professional Plone Development`, a book for developers who
want to work with Plone. See http://martinaspeli.net/plone-book
Zope-Dev maillist - Zope-Dev@zope.org
** No cross posts or HTML encoding! **
(Related lists -