On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 19:48, Gary Poster <gary.pos...@gmail.com> wrote:
> When I was working on my "support system Python" branches of zc.buildout, I
> guessed it was because, if it is separate, then using zc.recipe.egg (which
> follows the standard ``recipe = `` idiom in the .cfg files) uses the same
> machinery that all the other recipes use.
>
> Yes, they are the same package, essentially, which is why zc.recipe.egg is
> part of the svn checkout of zc.buildout.
>
> I followed the same pattern in my branches for the z3c.recipe.scripts recipe.
>
> I certainly don't feel strongly about it, but it didn't seem outrageous to me.

One problem with it is that it's tricky to work on two modules at
once, unless you have buildout... And since I in my branch removed the
buildouts usage of itself, I don't. So that means that zc.buildout
doens't have zc.recipe.egg, unless I install it, which I can't,
becuase I haven't ported it yet, which I can't do untill I posrt zc.
buildout which... yeah, you get it.

Outrageous? No. Bad? Yes.

--
Lennart Regebro: http://regebro.wordpress.com/