On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 15:48, Marius Gedminas <mar...@gedmin.as> wrote:
> If you've the discipline to keep the doctests short, I don't see why you
> shouldn't continue writing them instead of unit tests

Because they are a bitch to debug, relies on details of output, which
makes them brittle, hard to port to Python 3, and can be tricky to set
up with loads of subtle things like inheriting the environment from
where the DocTest was created, etc.

DocTests are for testing documentation, not documenting tests. Sorry
guys, all other usage of doctests than making documentation testable
is evil.

+33 661 58 14 64