Jacob Holm wrote:

> Tres Seaver wrote:
>>  Assuming we put the 'redefinePermssion' directives in place on the
>> trunk, why shouldn't we leave the version number as is?  I consider the
>> rename a bugfix, not a feature, and if we make it backwared compatible,
>> there is no reason to bump the major version.
> It's a (minor) public API change.  IIRC we don't allow that in minor
> versions, even if it is just an addition.  This goes back to the whole
> discussion of what kinds of version requirements to allow in setup.py.

Such a policy would put us into an impossible situation:  we would be
unable to fix the bug in the API (which is that the permissions should
have been renamed when the package was renamed) without making
*multiple* unneeded releasess to the package.

I play to release a 3.6.3 version which restores the old permission
names and uses 'redefinePermisson' to map them onto the new ones, and
then remove the BBB shim from the trunk, bumping the next version number
to 3.7.0.  Clients who still use the zope.app.dublincore permissions
will therefore need to be updated before they can move to the next major
version (which is why it is a major version).

- --
Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)