Because my suggestions (besides the fork issue) as a ZTK
user/contributor were scattered through the thread, here's a handy summary:
* please construct guidelines for updating the ZTK when making a release
of a package that's managed by the ZTK project. It's useful people
test their changes within the ZTK.
* please let these guidelines not block most updates by most people
most of the time; it should be easy to update the ZTK. Gatekeepers
tend to slow things down a lot, and we don't have them for most Python
* there's a 'checknew.py' script to see whether there are releases newer
than the ZTK. I'd be useful if this were integrated
in the standard ZTK buildout.cfg so you just get a 'bin/checknew'.
It'd also be nice if that were reusable by other toolkit projects.
* (new idea) similarly it'd be nice if there were a script integrated
that could check which binary egg releases exist for Windows (32 bit,
Python version). Right now BlueBream is maintaining a list here:
* Please update the ZTK documentation about the status of the ZTK
steering group and the ZTK release team. It's unclear to newcomers
such as myself.
* In general it'd be useful if the release team recorded decisions
in the ZTK documentation. It's confusing to have to go look for them
in mailing list archives and people tend to forget or reinterpret
decisions as time goes by.
Zope-Dev maillist - Zope-Dev@zope.org
** No cross posts or HTML encoding! **
(Related lists -