I have noticed that now that we are almost exclusively using eggs to
distribute our software using "bin/instance run" has become difficult:
often the script you want to run is located inside an egg which makes to
path to it hard to predict. This is not the most user friendly command:

   bin/instance run eggs/my.package-*/my/package/script.py

If a user is using a shared egg directory from zc.buildout or something
else the egg can be anywhere on the filesystem, making it next to
impossible to explain to users.

I am considering to modify bin/instance run to check if its first
argument is a filesystem path, and if not consider the argument to be a
dotted name of a callable which should be invoke. That way backwards
compatibility remains, but you can now also do this:

   bin/instance run my.package.script.main

I am not sure if this is best done in plone.recipe.zope2instance or
Zope2.Startup.zopectl. They have differing versions of ZopeCmd. Perhaps
the plone.recipe.zope2instance code should be merged into Zope2's
original as well?

Wichert.