Am 05.10.2010 um 20:21 schrieb Jan-Wijbrand Kolman:
> Hi,
> Today I fixed a small bug in zc.catalog (the ftesting.zcml depended on a
> permission name that has been removed from zope.dublincore).

Actually the permission has been renamed (from to
zope.dublincore)  to get rid of the "app" part in its name.

> This made
> me realize that zc.catalog contains ZMI code in the browser subpackage.
> Are people still using this ZMI code from zc.catalog? Would it be an
> idea to move the ZMI code out of the package (a bit similar to how
> various* package have been refactored)? It would make
> maintaining this package in respect to the ZTK easier.

zc.catalog has only test dependencies on* packages.
So you do not install these dependencies when using zc.calalog as a library.
The* dependencies might need a bit polishing. But I do not see a big
win moving the browser part into a separate package. Especially as zc.catalog
should depend on this new package for backward compatibility reasons (at least
for a while).

Yours sincerely,
Michael Howitz · · software developer
gocept gmbh & co. kg · forsterstraße 29 · 06112 halle (saale) · germany · tel +49 345 1229889 8 · fax +49 345 1229889 1