On Sat, Dec 4, 2010 at 9:21 PM, Ross Patterson <m...@rpatterson.net> wrote:
> Recently I had a conversation with someone or read something about using
> add-on specific stacked component registries.  Would this be the best
> way to solve these kind of problems?  Unfortunately I can't remember
> where I head/read of this.

That sounds even worse ;)

I yet have to see a convincing example of where the current approach
fails. The "application" can always use overrides as a last resort to
integrate various libraries. No library should ever use overrides, as
this prevents the application endpoint from doing so.

If we have cases where libraries use overrides, then we need to fix
those - not add two layers of complexity more on top of the machinery.

Hanno