we are upgrading a customers project from Zope 2.11.x to Zope 2.13.4.
In this project the expression type "provider" of zope.contenttype is used.
But loading the configure.zcml of zope.contentprovider fails with:

ConfigurationError: ('Unknown directive', u'http://namespaces.zope.org/tales',

I tracked this down to Zope2/App/exclude.zcml where the meta.zcml of the
package zope.browserpage gets excluded.
Sadly this ZCML file defines the expressiontype directive.

What is the current way to use zope.contentprovider in a Zope2 environment?

I had the following idea to fix this issue:

* move the registration of the directive from meta.zcml into
* include meta-expressiontype.zcml of zope.browserpage
* include meta-expressiontype.zcml in our project to get around the exclusion
of Zope2

Are there any better ideas?

Yours sincerely,
Michael Howitz · m...@gocept.com · software developer