Am 15.02.2011 um 15:10 schrieb Hanno Schlichting:
> Hi.

Hi, sorry for the long delay.

> On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 2:46 PM, Michael Howitz <> wrote:
>> I tracked this down to Zope2/App/exclude.zcml where the meta.zcml of the
>> package zope.browserpage gets excluded.
>> Sadly this ZCML file defines the expressiontype directive.
>> What is the current way to use zope.contentprovider in a Zope2 environment?
> Hhm, I wasn't aware that this was possible at all so far. I thought we
> only made zope.viewlet available in Zope2 via Products.Five.viewlet.

According to my findings, the provider-expression should work in Zope2
PageTemplates (Products.PageTemplates) as it is registered in
In the project mentioned before Zope3 PageTemplates (zope.pagetemplate and
z3c.template) are used, too.
Sometimes we had permission problems ("UnauthorizedBinding: context") with the
Zope2 PageTemplates even with Zope 2.11.
Maybe mixing Zope2 and Zope3 PageTemplates is the source of the permission

As the outermost template is a z3c.template I doubt fixing the expressiontype
declaration will help much in our use case.
It will help to get zope.contentprovider running in Zope2 as this package has
no reference to a TALES-Engine, everything is done in tales:expressiontype.

Yours sincerely,
Michael Howitz · · software developer
gocept gmbh & co. kg · forsterstraße 29 · 06112 halle (saale) · germany · tel +49 345 1229889 8 · fax +49 345 1229889 1