On Wed, 02 Mar 2011 09:16:14 +0100
Wolfgang Schnerring <w...@gocept.com> wrote:
> Hello Brian,
> it's taken a while, but I finally had a chance to review your
> * Brian Sutherland <br...@vanguardistas.net> [2011-02-12 18:57]:
> >> > On Tue, Feb 01, 2011 at 09:32:11AM +0100, Wolfgang Schnerring
> >> > wrote:
> >> >> I'd prefer if we treated this as two separate steps, then:
> >> >> a) improve the testbrwoser+wsgi story by replacing
> >> >> wsgi_intercept with WebTest
> > I pulled this out of my original branch and put it here:
> > svn+ssh://svn.zope.org/repos/main/zope.testbrowser/jinty-webtest3-minimal
> Thanks, that helped me understand what's going on much better.
> I do have a few questions about this part:
> - Does the (webtest-based) wsgi.Browser behave similarly to the
> When we ported the wsgi_intercept variant from zope.app.wsgi, we found
> that there were some idiosyncracies woven in that people may rely on.
> This kind of stuff of course isn't documented, and we didn't do much
> research, but rather took care to port what we found in zope.app.wsgi,
> namely filtering some HTTP headers from the response (meh, doesn't
> feel important), and handling Basic Auth headers (that feels
> important to preserve).
Don't forget the support to do handleErrors = False. It is I think
one of the most important, which help to debug the tests.
In zope.app.wsgi all those idiosyncracies are more or less handled by
a WSGI middleware. I guess you can reuse it.
One of the purpose of the zope.app.wsgi implementation was to be able
to convert the existing tests just by changing the import, and get
ride of zope.testbrowser dependencies on the crazy zope.app.testing
nobody-knows-what-it-does-and-does-everything in Grok (without adding
many others). Which worked perfectly.
Sylvain Viollon -- Infrae
t +31 10 243 7051 -- http://infrae.com
Hoevestraat 10 3033GC Rotterdam -- The Netherlands
Zope-Dev maillist - Zope-Dev@zope.org
** No cross posts or HTML encoding! **
(Related lists -