On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 14:17, Martijn Faassen <faas...@startifact.com> wrote:
> Anyway, Grok's configuration is dependent on the rules you give it, so
> it's possible to have a completely explicit set of directives with no
> implicit fallback to default values whatsoever. Martian supports that
> scenario right now.

Sure, but I'm of course referring to how it behaves by default,
including the associations made by the grokking process.
I think that makes sense in a webapp, but not otherwise, and we should
at least as a start concentrate on the generic component architecture
case.

> For Martian, Python 3 support is mostly an issue of making class
> directives work as class decorators.

And the same goes for zope.component support, of course.

With martian, the registration is then done by the grokking process,
but I think decorators would be a process that is more acceptable to
the Python world in general. Instances does indeed require something
else than decorators, I hadn't thought of that, that's a drawback.

//Lennart