Stepping in… and +1 for the original question

On 06/13/2011 04:26 PM, Charlie Clark wrote:
> I know that the question has been answered but your question makes me ask
> another: why would you want to adapt an object with itself?

The sake of logical consistency should be enough. If you think of it,
it's very similar to addition of zero : why would you want to add
"nothing" ?

Not having to predict where/if/when such special cases may blow in your
face is very useful, and has indeed been very productive in the past.

Georges Racinet,,
Zope/CPS & OpenERP expertise, assistance & development
GPG: 0x4862FFF7 & twitter: gracinet