On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 8:45 AM, Robert Niederreiter <r...@squarewave.at> wrote:
> Am Freitag, den 17.06.2011, 08:06 -0400 schrieb Jim Fulton:
>> > Any doubts, suggestions, other ideas?
>> -1 for a new configuration option.
>> I would rather just have write permission *only* removed
>> from committed blob files.  Read permissions should be controlled
>> by existing mechanisms such as umask.
> So changing the creation mode for folders to 755 and for blobs to 444
> would be the solution then. right?

No. Use the default mode for folders and files, but removing write
access on committed blob files.

> Has this a chance to get into the next ZODB release?

Of course, but it's not a priority for me personally. I'd be happy to
review a patch with tests.  I'd even consider this a bug fix, rather
than a feature, so it could get into a 3.10 release.

Jim Fulton