On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 03:07:47PM +0200, Michael Howitz wrote:
> There where never .mo files in z3c.form's sdist.

That appears not to be the case: http://pypi.python.org/pypi/z3c.form/2.4.3
has a source distribution (z3c.form-2.4.3.zip) which contains a few *.mo
files inside.

There's also a MANIFEST.in with

  global-include *.mo

in it.

> To get the .mo files compiled at runtime you need the following
> variables in os.environ:
> os.environ['zope_i18n_compile_mo_files'] = 'True'
> os.environ['zope_i18n_allowed_languages'] = 'de,en'
> (You might replace 'de,en' with the languages you need :)
> Additionally you need to depend on the package 'python-gettext' which
> contains the compiler.

And then what?  Surely just having python-gettext installed and a couple
of environment variables defined is not enough to magically produce .mo
files -- I would also need to run some Python script somewhere,
presumably.  Is it z3c.form's bin/pocompile?

Marius Gedminas
http://pov.lt/ -- Zope 3/BlueBream consulting and development