I take issue with "not working properly".  Before storage works
correctly with ZEO.

On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 5:43 AM, Malthe Borch <mbo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> If I set my beforestorage to a reasonably current time, e.g. "now", I
> expect to get reasonably good performance from a ZEO client cache.
> Instead, I find that beforestorage:
>  1) asks the cache to ``loadBefore``;

This is absolutely the right thing to do.

>  2) but that method only looks for "noncurrent" entries;
>  3) meanwhile, my cache only has "current" records.
> I'm not sure if the problem is that the cache shouldn't be setting the
> loaded oids as "current", or if the ``loadBefore`` method should also
> accept (some) "current" entries.

I agree that the ZEO cache implementation should check for current
records with tids < the before time.  This has potential implications
beyond beforestorage.

Would you mind creating an issue:

Of course, patches including tests are appreciated.

Jim Fulton