Hi All,

I'm experimenting with using nose as an alternative to zope.testrunner
so I can take advantage of the junit and cobertura compatible xml output
offered.

However, it appears that doctest counting is different between the two:

$  bin/test -m testfixtures.tests.test_docs
Running zope.testrunner.layer.UnitTests tests:
   Set up zope.testrunner.layer.UnitTests in 0.000 seconds.
   Ran 316 tests with 0 failures and 0 errors in 0.136 seconds.
Tearing down left over layers:
   Tear down zope.testrunner.layer.UnitTests in 0.000 seconds.

$ bin/nosetests testfixtures/tests/test_docs.py
Ran 16 tests in 0.134s

Does anyone knows why this count is different? What code is counting
differently?

I'm paranoid that nose might not be running some tests that
zope.testrunner is.

If you want to take a look at the code, it's here:

https://github.com/Simplistix/testfixtures

zope.testrunner is used on the master branch, nose on the nose branch.

Any help gratefully received!

cheers,

Chris

             - http://www.simplistix.co.uk