Hi All,

On 07/11/2011 22:25, Michael Foord wrote:
> On 07/11/2011 19:51, Mark Sienkiewicz wrote:
>> On 11/07/11 12:53, Chris Withers wrote:
>>> The only hiccup is that nose doesn't respect a test_suite function by
>>> default, so I wrote a plugin to make it do the right thing:
>>> Nose people: any idea *why* nose doesn't respect this method?

Mark has somewhat misdirected the thread here, either that or I've got
in a muddle, anyway, the issue at hand is that nose ignores
TestCase.countTestCases(). Any nose people know what that is?

> unittest doesn't *require* you to write a test_suite either - the point
> of test_suite is to allow you to *customize* the set of tests that are
> collected automatically when a test module is loaded. So if you are
> providing a test_suite it is because the default automatic collection
> strategy isn't enough for you.

This is true now, but I'm pretty sure when unittest was introduced, you
had to provide a test_suite function for test discovery to work.

Of course, that's the dim and distant past and so doesn't really matter.
However, the fact that nose ignores a test_suite method is a bug, plain
and simple ;-)

             - http://www.simplistix.co.uk