On 16 November 2011 12:28, Lennart Regebro <rege...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 12:53, Charlie Clark
> <charlie.cl...@clark-consulting.eu> wrote:
>> Am 16.11.2011, 12:49 Uhr, schrieb Lennart Regebro <rege...@gmail.com>:
>>> Right. Could we standardize on skins or browserlayers plz? Having both
>>> confuses the heck out of me.
>> Definitely a topic that needs (re)-opening. From a CMF point of I think
>> we're just about at the point where we could switch to browser layers,
>> well, at least once CMF 2.3 has been released. But I think that CMF Skins
>> still offer some functionality that you don't get with browser layers out
>> of the box.
> When I said skins I meant ++skins++. CMF Skins must die.

While I think there is definitely scope for simplifying the mix of
competing skin concepts in the Zope/CMF/Plone space, we need to be
careful not to bite off more than we can chew. We still have a lot of
CMF skin scripts and templates in Plone that I don't want to become a
blocker for adopting Zope 4. This should be the first of several
releases that progressively rationalise our software stack, lets not
try and do it all at once.