On 01/03/2012 10:04 AM, Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
On Jan 3, 2012, at 09:34 , Sylvain Viollon wrote:
  We use Paster as well in the stack, and use it to configure the Python
logging process, you can configure
there a logging to syslog, and after having a central syslog server. I think it
is more professional like this,
than using a tool in Zope's UI.
Logging to syslog usually leads to problems due to the maximum message size for
syslog entries. Error log messages with a traceback tend to be cut off and
information lost.

Don't log the entire error as one syslog entry, but use one syslog entry for every line in the error log. That is a standard way to dealing with this kind of thing.