On 1/11/12 5:59 AM, Sylvain Viollon wrote:

Op 9 jan 2012, om 12:44 heeft Marius Gedminas het volgende geschreven:

On Mon, Jan 09, 2012 at 10:01:29AM +0100, Sylvain Viollon wrote:

   You can't set a virtual path with the Host header, it is not valid
   if you want to follow the RFC.  After as well, you can include the
   port in it, but I think you are not sure if you can't really know
   if you should create https URL or not, you don't have this
   information (this is not required only to be on port 443, and if it
   is I am not even sure the port is correctly added in the Host

In the WSGI world it's usual to use the X-Forwarded-Scheme header to
determine the scheme (http or https), AFAIU.

    I have nothing against using those headers, even if there disparities
some of the implementations.

See e.g. http://pythonpaste.org/wsgiproxy/#the-proxy

FWIW I tried to get Zope2's WSGI working recently with repoze.vhm and failed: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8865349/mod-wsgi-zope2-plone-virtual-hosting-configuration, though the concept of using HTTP_X_VHM_* seemed to make sense at the time.

Alex Clark ยท http://pythonpackages.com