On 04/26/2012 04:39 AM, Brian Sutherland wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 07:37:46PM -0400, Tres Seaver wrote:
>> Also, do your branches still pass tests on 3.2.x?  I'm sort of keen
>> to see both zope.schema and zope.configuration join the "2to3-free"
>> camp with zope.event, zope.interface, zope.i18nmessageid, and
>> zope.exceptions (yes, zope.configuration, I'm looking at you next).
> I see you've started doing this in a better and more rigorous way than
> I was. So I'm going to abandon my plans to merge in favour of your
> branches.
> I'd still urge you to have a look at my zope.schema branch, which I
> think solves a real problem with URI fields and Python 3. The patch
> is pretty small.

My zope.schema branch is largely focused on improving the unittest
coverage, while also making the package work with Python 3.2 (i.e., not
relying on 3.3's restoration of unicode literals).

I would be glad to look at your branch;  I had already considered making
the "native string" fields APIs.  I'm not sure that I agree that the
ASCII / URI / Id / DottedName fields should have native string as its
type:  can you help by elaborating there?  (Also, looks like we should
promote the 'INativeString' interface to an API).

- --
Version: GnuPG v1.4.10 (GNU/Linux)