Hi,

I added the plural form support (see a corresponding ticket here: https://bugs.launchpad.net/zope.i18n/+bug/161985) in a separate branch: https://code.launchpad.net/~thomas-massmann/zope.i18n/plural. This code was mainly implemented during the 2012 Plonekonf in Munich.

It is already in "production" since 3 months in a project I'm developing right now. Please note that zope.i18nmessageid needs to be taken from this branch to work: https://code.launchpad.net/~thomas-massmann/zope.i18nmessageid/plural.

Extracting plural messages is supported by xgettext by default. Zope tools like i18nduder have to be adjusted (they don't support ungettext right now). I already adjusted lingua by Wichert Akkerman (https://github.com/tmassman/lingua) - the pull request is still open.

Cheers,
Thomas