On Tuesday, March 12, 2013 09:14:26 AM Jim Fulton wrote:
> Sorry, why do you want to adapt proxies?  The "lying about class",
> which is arguably not lying, is intentional and facilitates adapting proxied
> objects.

No, we really want to adapt the wrapped object, but that is currently not
working correctly with the Python proxy implementation, i.e. this is always
the result:

  >>> tuple(providedBy(ProxyPy(orig, checker)))

So I need to figure out why that is. I have *not* looked at the code to see
whether zope.interface tries and fails to strip proxies or whether ProxyPy
does a security check for __providedBy__ and fails. My bet is on the latter.

Entrepreneur and Software Geek
Google me. "Zope Stephan Richter"