On Apr 18, 2005, at 3:17 AM, Kapil Thangavelu wrote:

agreed. the implementation itself was briefly done as a monkey patch, which the previous email was an artifact of, and then changed to a custom user factory and user class, which delegates to an internal local roles plugin type. unfortunately i haven't had time to push any of the other changes back into pas cvs, the core modifications/monkies currently are just adding add/del user api implementations.

I'm still not sure how to go about designing an API for PAS to handle adding/deleting users. Adding users would seem to be a method addUser(self, **kw), and that's just too open to be of any programatic benefit. Some user stores don't support adding/deleting (or at least an organization might not delegate that authority to some Zope user ;^)).

It's been a tricky business. For our part, we've been using PAS to separate the concerns of the folks using both the app server (traditional ZMI stuff) and folks using the application, and allow the application to talk directly to the plugins that concern it. We never bothered trying to come up with an API directly on PAS, since the plugins are so accessible.

Zac