On Mar 17, 2006, at 5:26 AM, Brecht Samyn wrote:

What is the best place (plugintype) to register a new user automaticaly when he
is authenticated?

I wrote an extraction, an authentication and a group plugin for our Shibboleth environment. A user is valid if a Shibboleth attribute with a valid userid is present in the request. Now I want a Shibboleth authenticated user to be
registered via the portal_registration tool automatically.

When I put the code in the authentication plugin, I get a permission denied error because only authenticated users have "Add Portal Member" permission (and
I want to keep it that way).

Any suggestion of what the best place is to put the code?

Two things I can think of:

- a dynamic group manager that can assign authenticated users to the authenticated group

- a ZODB Role Manager that assigns some role with the 'Add Portal Member' permission to the authenticated group