On 12/19/06, Tres Seaver <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Alec Mitchell wrote:
> On 12/19/06, Tres Seaver <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> In general, you should prefer a 1.4.1 (to get bugfixes only).  That
>> makes the PAS release cycle less coupled to your needs, as well.
> That is indeed my preference, though in the past we have had single
> dot releases for each revision, so I thought that might just be some
> PAS version policy.  A 1.4.1 would be great, though I have to admit
> the new authentication caching stuff sounds pretty desirable.

It isn't that critical for the "default" case (ZODB-based users), but it
does help for SQL / LDAP-backed auth.

Well we do have many sites using those things, but it's a feature not
a bug; so it's not a big deal.  They can upgrade for that when it's
released, or run from trunk.

>>  Can you identify the bugfixes on the trunk which are important to PlonePAS?
>> Unless you use DelegatingMultiPlugin, the only one I can see which might
>> matter is:
>>   ZODBUserManager: Already encrypted passwords were encrypted again in
>>   addUser and updateUserPassword.
>>   (http://www.zope.org/Collectors/Zope/1926)
>> I've just backported this to the 1.4 branch, along with a fix for
>> emergency user breakage.
> Thanks, these certainly are important to have, additionally:
>   BasePlugin: The listInterfaces method only considered the old-style
>   __implements__ machinery when determining interfaces provided by
>   a plugin instance.

OK, I've backported that as well.

Excellent, thanks again!

> Would probably be helpful as well.  Thanks for looking at this and
> backporting those changes.  Do you think you'll have time to make a
> release?  Also, does the PAS release policy require a 1 week beta/rc
> period for minor releases like 1.4.1?

Nope.  I can cut one at will, especially if you are willing to help test
it. ;)

Certainly, I'll do some manual testing and run all the automatied
tests, then I'll hand it off to the community in an RC and I'm sure
they'll do their best to break it. ;-)