On Fri, Feb 15, 2008 at 11:26 AM, Tres Seaver <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The source dist is trivially convertible to an egg (easy_install does
> that on the fly).  I can't see any reason for releasing actual eggs,
> rather than source distributions, with the minor exception of packages
> which contain C extentions:  those packages should probably release
> Windows eggs, just because of the tool-poverty of Windows users.

I wouldn't call the lack of shipping with a compiler installed
tool-poverty. Some modern Linux 'desktop' distributions do not ship
with a compiler installed by default either, though it's relatively
easy installing a compiler there than on Windows, I wouldn't say
that's such a big deal.

--
Sidnei da Silva
Enfold Systems http://enfoldsystems.com