On Feb 14, 2007, at 8:56 PM, Simon Michael wrote:

Hi all. I apologise for today's outage of wiki.zope.org and zwiki.org . Things were working ok until about lunchtime.. I and others even were doing a bunch of maintenance. Around noon I packed the zodb (from 3 -> 2G). This afternoon I notice zope down and I can't start the zeo client with either the old or new Data.fs. After connecting to the server it says:

2007-02-14 17:51:50 BLATHER ZEO.zrpc (17346) CT: exiting thread: Connect([(2, ('localhost', 8888))]) 2007-02-14 17:51:51 ERROR ZODB.serialize Unpickling error: '(cApp.ApplicationManager\nApplicationManager\nq\x$
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/zope-2.9.4/lib/python/ZODB/serialize.py", line 597, in getState
    return unpickler.load()
EOFError

I would appreciate any ideas at all. Best,

Do you have ZEO set to use a persistent cache? If so, remove it and try again.
If not:

It looks like your database is corrupted. Have you tried using the .old file left by the pack? If that doesn't work, you'll probably need to use a backup.

Otherwise, it might be possible to replace this object. I don't think ApplicationManagers have any precious state. They really shouldn't be persistent at all IMO. You might be able to use zopectl debug to replace this object with a new instance.

Jim

Powered!
CTO                             (540) 361-1714
http://www.python.org