On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 11:18 AM, Jens Vagelpohl <j...@dataflake.org> wrote:

> On Oct 11, 2011, at 17:10 , Jim Fulton wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 11:05 AM, Jens Vagelpohl <j...@dataflake.org> wrote:
>>> But that's not enough. The internal links on the static site point to items
>>> *past* the tarball filename, like
>>>
>>> XXX/Zope-2.12.0-final.tgz/swreleasefile_view.
>>>
>>> If I just replace what's currently a folder with the actual tarball I don't
>>> need to do any Apache magic and the file will be in the right place, but
>>> you cannot navigate to the release file from within the old.zope.org site
>>> anymore. The navigation links there will all break.
>>
>> Can you give an example?
>
> Go to http://old.zope.org/Products/Zope/2.11.4/ and notice the link URLs for
> the items Zope-2.11.4-final.tgz and Zope-2.11.4-win32.exe.
>

>> Maybe we need to clean up those links.
>
> Yes, that's another option.

+1 :)

I've created ~zope/Products.tgz on app2.zope.org that has all of the
release files in a directory structure rooted at Products.  I
recommend:

1. For all html files in the existing static site, remove link endings
"/swreleasefile_view"
2. Walk the directory tree in Products.tgz and for each path, replace
whatever is in
    the static site with the contents of the tar ball.

If you don't have time to do this and want to give me access, I can do this.

Jim

--
Jim Fulton
http://www.linkedin.com/in/jimfulton