On Thursday 26 May 2005 12:53, Jim Washington wrote:
> I would rather not alter and maintain the foundation-level code in
> zope.app.pub*. Would it be possible to do this as a product? Presuming
> it is bad form to monkey-patch zope.app.publication.httpfactory, is
> there a more component-ish way to do the same thing? Or would it be
> best to set-up a collaboration and put it in the core?
Here is how to do it for the current trunk.
1. Create your custom HTTPPublicationRequestFactory implementation, basically
extending the __call__() method.
2. Create a server type using your own factory; see zope.app.server.http.
3. Register you custom server type as a utility, see
4. In zope.conf use your custom server type.
5. Implement the protocol similar to XML-RPC.
CBU Physics & Chemistry (B.S.) / Tufts Physics (Ph.D. student)
Web2k - Web Software Design, Development and Training
Zope3-dev mailing list