Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
Stephan Richter wrote:

On Sunday 05 June 2005 09:35, Jim Fulton wrote:

- What's the deadline for this?

Well, um, Stephan was hoping to make the beta today. :)

I don't know if we can treat the absense of DAV locking as a bug and
get it in after the beta.

No, that would be a feature. So we either have the choice of waiting a week or making an alpha release. I am for the first option, since I would like to have all packages included in the release.

Why is DAV locking all of a sudden so important that we want to delay the release at least another week?

- Without it, external editor doesn't work

- It's a significant hole in our DAV implementation.

X3.0 is out there w/o locking and 3.1 has to many new features that it shouldn't be ashamed of not including this particular one either. The locking API has been in the trunk for months now and it never came to anybody's mind to do something about DAV locking.

This was an oversight, obviously.  I should have asked for a volunteer
much sooner.

> So, one could raise
the question whether there's even need for this in 3.1, given there has been so little interest in it...

Please, let's not delay the release.

Given Sidnei's unavailability, I don't mind going forward sooner.
I don't know if Stephan will have time before next weekend.


Jim Fulton           mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]       Python Powered!
CTO                  (540) 361-1714  
Zope Corporation
Zope3-dev mailing list

Reply via email to