Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> it's quite confusing that sequence widgets and items widgets (such as
> SelectWidget, DropdownWidget, etc.) cannot be specified in the <widget
> /> subdirective of the addform and editform directives. I actually
> consider it a bug because documentation and implementation are saying
> something different.
snip

Just because I'm curious, is this in fact related to:

  http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope3-users/2005-June/000601.html

> I would like to hear your comments, especially from
> people who are heavily involved into forms (Roger, Garret, ...?).

I'm of course not involved, but from a Zope 3 user's perspective, I think to
understand life does get much easier if you want to specify another widget for
such fields with this change.

kind regards,
jw

--