Jan-Wijbrand Kolman wrote:
Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:

Hi there,

it's quite confusing that sequence widgets and items widgets (such as
SelectWidget, DropdownWidget, etc.) cannot be specified in the <widget
/> subdirective of the addform and editform directives. I actually
consider it a bug because documentation and implementation are saying
something different.

snip

Just because I'm curious, is this in fact related to:

  http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope3-users/2005-June/000601.html

It very much is. I just realized last night that I need to fix up the sequence widget to use the different custom widget factories as well.

I would like to hear your comments, especially from
people who are heavily involved into forms (Roger, Garret, ...?).

I'm of course not involved, but from a Zope 3 user's perspective, I think to
understand life does get much easier if you want to specify another widget for
such fields with this change.

Yup, that's the idea.

Philipp