Your derivative of principalfolder is a local authentication. Therefore it can
be only invoked if a location can be computed and the pricipalfolder can be
found starting from it.
Content objects are regularly locatable but adapters not. To force locations to
adapters you can derive them from Location or set the
adapter-directive-attribute `locate` to True, that they get location-proxied if
Alec Munro wrote:
Well, it's gotten worse.
I've been trying to narrow this down, and so far, haven't come up with
anything promising. I'm now using the built in principal folder, and
the associated principals, not ones of my own. My current failing test
case boils down to:
from zope.interface import Interface
from zope.schema import TextLine
from zope.app.annotation.interfaces import IAnnotatable
text_content = TextLine(
title = u"Text Content",
description = u"Some Text Content for testing")
"""An object that can contain some content"""
menu="zmi_views" title="Some Content"
from zope.interface import implements
from interfaces import ISomeContent
KEY = "somecontent.perm_tests"
text_content = u"apple"
def __init__(self, context):
self.context = context
So there's the code, if I change myproject.View to zope.View,
everything works. I can grant myproject.View on the object itself, to
the appropriate principal, and I will get an Unauthorized error. Yet
if I change it to zope.View, it works.
On 9/16/05, Alec Munro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I have created my own principal source, as a bare derivative of principalfolder.
My principals can log in, and are generally effective.
However, there seems to be some lacking to them. Whenever I access any
of a certain bunch of annotation adapters, I get a silent abort. That
is, it prints abort on the command line, but no more information. My
own personal experience is that these tend to be permission errors, so
I assume it is something like that.
What is especially odd is that I can assign the required permission to
zope.anybody, and I am able to access the adapters. Doing a heavy
sequence of print-based debugging, I found out that the error seems to
occur during a sequence of calls to my adapters __getattr__ method.
This method, in the case of my adapters, looks up the key in a
mapping, and raises an attribute error if it is not there. In each
case, the error occurs after it looks for a number of keys that aren't
there, a long sequence of "__parent__", and "__conform__". These occur
when I attempt to access a property of the adapter (any property).
They also occur even when it works, such as if I'm using zope.anybody,
so I don't think it is the calls themself that are causing there
My impression is that the calls are related to zopes security
machinery, and that for some reason they end up being executed in a
place where they are unable to find the correct principal.
I'm sure you need more information, but I'm not sure what would be helpful.
Zope3-dev mailing list
tel;work:++41 56 534 77 30
Zope3-dev mailing list