Roger Ineichen schrieb:
Hi together
I like to simplify the macro registration.
The target is to get rid of the mapping in a custom class
where we use right now (StandardMacros) and offer a directive
for register macros in ZCML.

See the proposal at:
http://www.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ComponentArchitecture/SimplifyMac
roRegistration

Can you tell me what you think?

The ZCML directive is invisible on the Wiki, this I copied from the HTML source:

<browser:macros
          for="*"
          name="standard_macros"
          macros="page"
aliases="view:page dialog:page" (only if we need to support the mapping)
          permission="zope.View"
          template="template.pt"
          layer="tiks.skins.basic.basic"
          />

I Like that. I think it would be very useful to be able to configure macros and access them in Python, at least for my use cases.

Regarding: <html metal:use-macro="macros:standard_macros/my_macro">

I'm not sure I want another prefix in ZPT. I would prefer to provide (or push?) a custom namespace to the template and then use "standard_macros/my_macro" or simply "macros/my_macro".

Tonico