Dominik Huber wrote:
The modification descriptiors were introduced by Uwe Ostermeier to handle the versioning and cataloging stuff. I'm not an expert in that field, but in my understanding the modification descriptors are more general and your case is a subset that could be handled with them. As a developer, I would still prefer one concept, because it's easier to adapt. Sufficiently fundamental cases are always a shaky discrimination to differ two concepts for future implementation decisions.

If you don't feel that containment boundaries are a sufficiently fundamental concept, then we have a strong disagreement. I stand by what I checked in.

And BTW with "modification descriptions" I couldn't write a simple adapter for this. I'd have to have a generic adapter for IObjectModifiedEvent, then iterate over all the descriptions and filter by hand. Yuck.

+33 1 40 33 71 59   [EMAIL PROTECTED]