On Dec 13, 2005, at 10:11 AM, Benji York wrote:

Jeff Shell wrote:
I think there was a proposal for smart widgets that could require
Javascript but have the supporting Javascript library loaded only
once..? What's become of that?

That sounds like zope.resourcelibrary (http://www.zope.org/Wikis/ DevSite/Projects/ComponentArchitecture/ResourceLibrary).

We're using it in products and the proposal had enough support to get into 3.2 but a combination of Jim not liking some implementation details...

The answer we expected to give to the improved implementation details hinged on the page postprocessing proposal Jim made.

My impression is that Jim felt that this didn't "fly": there was not enough feedback for him to proceed. I may misunderstand.

In any case, it didn't happen. Anyone want to take up the ball in the conversation again? Personally, I wanted to just put exactly what Jim discussed into place and see where it led. I was afraid that too much discussion of "what we ought to do" and "well if we do X, then we should Y" would kill it: we should just do the proposal, and *then* discover what we ought to do.