On Dec 13, 2005, at 10:11 AM, Benji York wrote:

Jeff Shell wrote:
I think there was a proposal for smart widgets that could require
Javascript but have the supporting Javascript library loaded only
once..? What's become of that?

That sounds like zope.resourcelibrary (http://www.zope.org/Wikis/ DevSite/Projects/ComponentArchitecture/ResourceLibrary).

We're using it in products and the proposal had enough support to get into 3.2 but a combination of Jim not liking some implementation details...

The answer we expected to give to the improved implementation details hinged on the page postprocessing proposal Jim made.

http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope3-dev/2005-September/015812.html

http://dev.zope.org/Zope3/PublicationPostProcessing

My impression is that Jim felt that this didn't "fly": there was not enough feedback for him to proceed. I may misunderstand.

In any case, it didn't happen. Anyone want to take up the ball in the conversation again? Personally, I wanted to just put exactly what Jim discussed into place and see where it led. I was afraid that too much discussion of "what we ought to do" and "well if we do X, then we should Y" would kill it: we should just do the proposal, and *then* discover what we ought to do.

Bueller?

Gary